Thursday, January 27, 2011

The house is FINISHED!!! (For now...)

So today has been a GREAT day. For a number of reasons, actually. I had an excellent morning at MOPS (Mothers with Preschoolers) and felt very connected to people. We also had awesome waffles, and I'm not normally a waffle person. Plus, for the first time since September, Sam didn't cry when I left him in the nursery. In the car on the way home he kept talking about "so much fun" at MOPS and "so good morning" so I think he had a good time too!

We dropped Sam off at Auntie Marcia's house because we had our 20 week ultrasound with Knut today. (More on that in a separate blog post!) And when we got home we found our house was almost finished. I must admit, I had my doubts that they would finish it in a day, but in reality it took them less than a day! And they even put our kitchen back together and re-hung our coat rack.

Here is our finished kitchen wall, with the fridge back in place (as opposed to in the middle of the kitchen.) Our landlord has said that Sam can "decorate" the wall to his heart's content since it will get rebuilt in the spring. (For some reason, this is only a temporary solution with a more permanant solution to come later.)


The front entry now has an "extended" door frame. Our landlord was worried we would find it "too ugly"to live with for a few months but we are so happy to have insulation, and our house back, that we don't care. As long as it doesn't intrude on our space, and we are warm, we could care less about the looks. Especially for a few months.


The contractors put up these two by fours, so that the insulation won't fall from the ceiling. Again this is a temporary solution until the spring. Again, we could care less about how it looks. We can live with it for a few months.


And Tyvek re-enters our life once again. My parents had this on the outside of their house for almost two years and Dave and I completely got used to it. It feels like an old friend to see it again :) Again, the house will be re-sided once the more permanant solution is in place.


So we are completely thrilled to have our house back and Dave has been bringing everything up from downstairs for most of the evening. I will spend tomorrow morning organizing (as much as I can do with Sam around!) and we will spend the weekend relaxing in the luxury of our own home. I don't even feel like I want to go ANYWHERE all weekend. And the best part is, we don't have to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)