Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Riding with Ur Oma

Since Sam hadn't slept well on Monday night we really didn't do much yesterday. Sam had a 3 1/2 hour nap, I had a 2 1/2 hour nap and even Mom slept for about 1 1/2 hours. Then we watched "Baby Mama" with Tina Fey. It was very funny!

Last night Sam slept much better but I got into the book "The Other Boleyn Girl" and stayed up too late reading. This morning we rushed to get ready, stopped at Costco, and then went to see Grandma Ewert, whom Sam has started calling "Ur Oma" which is German for Great-Grandma. I think she gets a kick out of it. Sam enjoyed many many many rides on Ur Oma's walker, as evidenced below.



We came home and Mom and Dad made an amazing supper of fresh pasta with pesto, shrimp and fried mushrooms. And Costco bean salad! We also bought grapefruit at Costco because I have been craving it for ages and ages, ever since someone mentioned it on Facebook. So Sam and I had an appetizer of grapefruit, blackberries (which Oma bought especially for Sam!) and bean salad. Sam then ate about 8 shrimp (which is about as many as I had) and a bunch of pasta. Needless to say he had an EXCELLENT supper. Plus he drank two glasses of smoothie this morning for breakfast so his eating has been really good today.

I'm going to read a bit, get Sam to bed early (he's been going to bed around 10:30-11 the past two nights) and then go to sleep early myself.

Sam has been enjoying having Oma read him books especially "Hand, Hand, Finger, Thumb" and "The Eye Book." And tonight Knut said "Hi!" to Oma by kicking so she could feel it. That was exciting. I've been feeling Knut move A LOT more this past week so it's neat that other people are starting to feel him/her too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)