Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hanging out with Daddy

When we moved to Edmonton my mom gave me a HUGE box of correspondence which I had saved for millions years. It's been Dave's nemesis as he's wanted me to go through it and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. I wanted to do it before Sam was born and THAT didn't happen. Then Dave wanted me to do it before Rachel was born and THAT didn't happen either! With the impetus of moving soon (in the next few months, we hope!), I wanted to get it done so for the past few days I've been digging in. And when I say "millions of years" I mean I have diaries and notes in there from high school -- which was over twenty years ago :)

As I've finally gotten in the groove, I asked Dave if I could downstairs and sort while he hung out with Rachel and Sam. Such is the impetus for getting it done that Dave said, "Yes!" Usually our evenings are family time so I was glad to have some more time to sort.

While I was sorting Rachel hung out in Sam's rocking chair (she actually really likes it there!)...

And then Sam decided to join her...

And then Sam and Dave made some cool things out of playdough. Like a "pancake with raisins"...

And a 10-pin bowling alley...

And I didn't get my box completely done but I did get A LOT further. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)