Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Solid" Food

Miss Rachel has started "solid" foods. The reason I put solid in quotation marks is because in actual fact she has started pureed food and it's about as solid as... well, mush. Anyways, I digress :)

So while we were in Saskatoon Mom made up some food for Rachel and I didn't really have to do anything. Which was pretty sweet actually. Thanks Mom! But in case you haven't heard we are now back in Edmonton so I needed to mix up some food for Rachel.

I started out by buying some options for Rachel this morning at Save-On: apples, sweet potatoes, squash and prunes. I was planning on making food all day but quickly ran out of energy. Maybe because I was awake at 6:30 to go grocery shopping.

I simmered prunes and sweet potatoes...

... then I put them through the Magic Bullet with a little water.

And voila! We have ice cube trays full of prunes and sweet potatoes for Rachel to eat for the next week or so.

Tomorrow I'll try to make some applesauce, cook up the squash and maybe even get some chickpeas and kidney beans cooked for Rachel's eating pleasure. "Solid" food indeed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)