Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Family Day: The Complete Story

While it is true that our Family Day got off to a slow start with laundry, blogging and Sam playing downstairs, we did eventually have a little more family togetherness. My friend Martha posted on her Facebook page that it was her son's first Family Day and she was looking forward to introducing him to Family Day foods! Ha ha ha! That made me laugh because there is no traditional Family Day food so I thought I would share some of our food today. Who knows? Maybe it will become our tradition :)

Tonight Sam was thankful that "Daddy stayed home today." I was thankful too because Dave made grilled cheese for lunch and he makes the best grilled cheese ever! Yum! I'm happy to have this become a traditional food for our day :)


Sam and I made coffee filter flowers and ended up having to wipe A LOT of marker off the coffee table and off of our hands. And I loved Sam's manic-flower arranging technique and sniffing of the flowers so much I had to video it. Ha ha ha! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

And eventually we did get outside today and walked further south in the ravine than either Dave or I had before. Dave had never gone past the Mill Creek Pool parking lot and I had never gone past Jason and Marcia's house. It was a lovely day for a walk and we ended up walking for about two hours in the ravine.

Heading off into uncharted territory for Dave! In the left picture below, you can see the Whyte Avenue overpass.

This bridge is beautiful as is the scenery below it. And Sam enjoyed walking/running for awhile.

The middle picture is the hill heading up to Jason and Marcia's. The picture on the right was uncharted territory for both Dave and I.

And the left picture is a view of condos we pass and the right picture is the hill heading out of the ravine by Jason and Elena's. It's the route in and out of the ravine we are most familiar with. It was an awesome walk.

Then we came home and enjoyed some smoothies (for Sam and Dave) made with strawberries, yogurt and oj and milkshakes (for me) made with strawberries, ice cream and milk. Dave drank all of his before I could get a picture :)

And we also picked up some chocolate at Wild Earth. Sam wanted his own chocolate bar and picked it out by himself. Can you guess which chocolate bar belongs to who? And Sam was quite mad that we only let him eat four squares today!

Tonight we had beef stew which was a last minute addition to the menu because Wild Earth didn't have pine nuts. It was actually perfect after a long winter's walk.

And Miss Rachel had exactly what we had to eat today for the VERY. FIRST. TIME!!! I just put some of the beef stew in the food grinder and she ate it all up! Yay! Maybe I can stop making special food for her now. These milestones go by soooo fast. (And feel like they last forever when you're in the middle of them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)