Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Can My Kid Be Friends With Your Kid?"

In the past few days we have gotten together with some friends who have had babies while we've been gone. In a few cases we've met our friends' kids before but our children haven't all met.

On Tuesday night, Sarah, Mathieu and Patrick came over. Patrick is about four months old and he sat in our exersaucer for the first time. Rachel was quite intrigued by this little person and all I can think of when I see these pictures is, "Sam looks soooo big!"


The title of this post is supposedly how I told my friend, Karen, that we were expecting Sam. They were also expecting and so it was a good way to tell them! Caleb is almost exactly six months older than Sam. The first time they met was in June 2009. Sam was almost three months and Caleb was nine months. He seemed like such an advanced super-baby because he was sitting up in a highchair eating solid foods!

Today was the first time all four of our kids were together. Sam and Caleb had a BLAST playing in the sandbox for about an hour. Then they played inside for another hour and a half. I think they will be good friends. Rachel and Nathan enjoyed watching each other and taking turns being gentle with each other! Ha ha ha!!!
It has been so much fun to get together with my friends who have kids around our kids' ages. It is a new aspect to our friendships -- being parents together -- and I am excited about many more fun playdates with these good friends.

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at all the cute kid pictures. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)