Saturday, September 08, 2012

Things That Grow In My Garden... Part 6

Yes, I know. It's been awhile (almost two months!) since I've done a post like this. But in late July my summer plants all wilted. And died off. And generally looked really awful due to the insane heat we had. And so I was always too embarrassed to show you what they looked like. But now! Oh now...

Lovely, cooler (most days at least) Fall weather has hit and the stores, flyers and my friends are all about chrysanthemums! And I love chrysanthemums! (Even better I love hearing Sam attempt to say "chrysanthemums" -- it seriously melts my heart every time and I almost forget about the hourly "not listening" fight we are having these days. But that's another blog post...)

So finally last week (after the insane August of travel), I switched out my planters to Fall. And I am so in love with them all. So without further ado, here is what is currently going on in our yard. (All except the hanging basket outside our kitchen window which I forgot to get a picture of, and the planter on the table on our upstairs deck which I also forgot to get a picture of and now it is dark. And raining.)

This is a closeup of the hanging basket on the front porch, the planter attached to the house and the gerbera daisy which doesn't actually have any flowers on it right now. It is also the only spring/summer annual left in a pot.

And these are the pots sitting on the steps and on our picnic table. I love the colours of the pots on the steps.

And here are semi-closeups of our flower bed which Sam and I weeded earlier this week. Most of the annuals in here are doing much better than the ones in the pots did. I especially love the alyssum, portulaca and snapdragons in the far left picture. And please note the forest of tomatoes on the right side. That is three plants folks! Three.

It just makes me so happy to have mums all around our yard. Fall is my favourite time of the year. Well that and Spring -- I can just never decide which season I like better. But right now? Fall it is. Sweaters, tights, hot oatmeal and tea and apple cider in the morning. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Love the planters!! I haven't done any fall plants yet, but I seriously want/need to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)