Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Memorizing Challenge

I think memorizing scripture is a good thing. I have bits and pieces in my head from throughout my life. Today I read about Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team and I decided to join in. Beth suggested picking verses to memorize which are meaningful to us and I decided to start looking through my grandma's Bible for inspiration. Then I found that she had underlined verses throughout her Bible and it hit me -- Why don't I spend the year memorizing verses my grandma found meaningful enough to underline? It would be like a faith-filled conversation with her as I meditate on verses she highlighted. So that's what I'm doing. I think Grandma would approve. From January 1-14, 2013 I will be concentrating on this verse:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -- Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite verses! So powerful! Your grandma sounds like a wise woman! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)