Saturday, April 13, 2013

Rachel Lately

I love this little monkey dearly but can I admit that lately, parenting her has been E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-N-G??? I am so tired of her seven million thousand hundred temper tantrums a day such as when I have to get her dressed, I don't let her climb on the dining room table or she can't grab a sharp knife off the counter.
So when I feel like the world isn't going to end, or she won't end up seriously injured, I let her do things like wear rubber boots in the house or climb on her little table, in just a diaper, and figure out how the kitchen light works...
...or I let her eat a banana even though supper is in twenty minutes.
Unfortunately I can't really blame Dave for the fact that she is stubborn, independent and has her own ideas. In those ways, I have to admit, she's just like me. And although it sometimes drives me nuts I love that she (and lately Funny Bunny too!) has to wear her apron whenever I put mine on...
...or that she wants tape to fix books, just like I do. See the tape all over the fire engine! Of course I wouldn't be fixing the books with tape if she hadn't ripped them in the first place, but that's a whole different post...
Eventually she will learn that books are for reading not ripping, clothes are not a torture chamber and that sharp knives need to be handled with care. Until then I will try to stay one step ahead of her, try not to rip all my hair out, and laugh when she insists on wearing her rubber boots with her pajamas! (Sadly, she probably also gets her fashion sense from me too.) After all, I have to find my moments of sanity where I can :)

5 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! She sounds a lot like my Addi at that age. Just when I would think I had her figured out, she would prove to me that I didn't. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that if Addi survived this stage than Rachel probably will too! I think Rachel's cute too which is probably a good thing when she's driving me up a tree :) What helps more though is that she can be so sweet and loving too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love it! You definitely pick your battles well, my friend. Sometimes, we just have to let them be kids. I love that she wants to wear her little rain boots with her pajamas...I think she has a great sense of style. We actually have that truck book...Evan has had it since he was one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, Momma. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A family friend told me that the things we love most about our kids are the things we have no control over, and the things that drive us the most nuts about them are the ways in which they are most like us. I think you and I can both relate to this statement. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)