Monday, May 20, 2013

Things Which Make Me Happy Include...

 
...teaching Candyland to Sam and playing it. Over and over and over again. Okay, honestly I find Candyland very boring (as do most people over the age of seven) but Sam loves it so that makes it worthwhile :)
...when Donny and Marika come to visit and we get to have champagne and celebrate their fifth anniversary with them!
...getting to cross something off my friend Erika's SUMMER FUN bucket list by drinking a new beer (Tankhouse Ale) and playing a game with Donny, Marika and Dave :) (And yes, I know the title doesn't really apply to me at all (except did you notice the "SUMMER FUN" part?!?!) but I have permission from Erika to use it anyways.)
...eating a Vincenzo's sandwich. The best sandwiches on earth, by the way. Also, I like the cool picture of me with my sandwich. And I love eating Vincenzo's sandwiches with Dave :)
...having a BBQ of farmer's sausage and grilled vegetables and yummy salads with Donny and Marika. Oh, this meal was AMAZING and, by the way, I need a bigger stomach. Does anyone know how to acquire one of those???
...getting some Fiestaware with my birthday money from our parents!!! Whoo hoo new, brightly coloured, fun dishes!!! I just got three sets because I also want to buy some when we go to Stratford with Tim and Janice to celebrate my and Tim's birthdays.
...my organization basket!!! My blog friend, Bekah, alerted me to this pin. I saw it and went, "Pretty!" and then realized that it was just what I needed. So Marika and I went shopping on Saturday and I found the perfect basket at one store and then pretty file folders to match at another store. Then I labeled the folders and filed things. Now instead of a heap of papers on our plastic organizer I have a beautiful basket of organized papers and a bouquet of flowers. I would call that a success!!! Plus, I was literally jumping up and down with excitement when I found the basket and file folders :)

...that today is the Monday of the May long weekend. It's Victoria Day so we're going to Tim and Janice's to work in their yard and have a BBQ. And the forecast for today is 27C (81F) and sunny. Whoo hoo!!! Also, BBQing three days in a row makes me really happy :)

And that's what's been making me happy the past few days. How about you?

8 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEE! We have matching baskets now! How fun is that!?!?!? I love it! And I LOVE Fiestaware. I strongly considered registering for that....but we went another route. It's so pretty and fun though! Excited that you have some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo happy about my basket. Thanks for alerting me to the idea.

      I am also excited to have some Fiestaware. And even more excited to get some more!!! It's going to be a great set to collect for the next few years as I get birthday money!

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! I can't wait to read what Victoria Day is all about. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I actually ever explained what Victoria Day is. I think Canada wanted to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's birthday but she said, "No! Celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday instead." So we call it the May 2-4 weekend since Queen Victoria's birthday is May 24. I think it's main purpose is basically to give us a long weekend in May though! Which I don't mind at all :)

      Delete
  3. And what is Victoria's Day, eh? ;) And those flowers will be awesome until Rachel decides to investigate them...hah :) Send me a Vincenzo's sandwich...you are making me hungry reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Canada wanted to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's birthday but she said, "No! Celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday instead." So we call it the May 2-4 weekend since Queen Victoria's birthday is May 24. I think it's main purpose is basically to give us a long weekend in May though! Which I don't mind at all :)

      And I would send you a Vincenzo's sandwich but I don't think it would last well in the mail. They are totally awesome though! One of my favourite sandwiches in the world.

      Delete
  4. Awesome things to make you happy! I think you celebrate Victoria's Day like our Memorial Day which is next Monday, right? I sure could use a glass of that champagne right now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still LOVE that photo with you and your sandwich. Dave got that one right ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)