Friday, June 07, 2013

Sam To The Rescue

Today Sam and I got to go on a cool field trip to the fire station with his school. I first have to say, I LOVE field trips. I wish I could go on them more often :) It was very interesting and it's neat, because it's a fire station we drive by all the time. First the kids watched the video "Franklin (the Turtle) and the Fire." It talked about fire safety. Then we got to go outside and see the actual truck and learn about some of the tools firefighters use.
Firefighter Rich put on all his equipment to show the kids that if there's a fire in their house, the firefighters might look different with all their safety equipment on. Then the kids got to check out the inside of the firetruck.
Next Sam drove the truck to a fire!!!
Once he got to there, he pulled the hose out so he could spray some water :)
 
Sam is currently colouring in his firefighter colouring book with his firefighter crayons. I think he had a good time. I know I did!

If you want to check out last time we visited a fire station you can read about it here.

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I bet Sam loved every minute of the trip. He looks like such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he did. And it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. HOW COOL!!! One of my "nephews" had a birthday party at a fire station a little over a year ago and it's one of my favorite memories. I love it that you get caught up in that just like I do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only adult who loves field trips. Especially interesting ones like this!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was a GREAT trip! My kids are too old for field trips now...I loved chaperoning my twins' field trip to Jamestown, VA. Enjoy them while they're little....they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)