Thursday, July 04, 2013

Cross Country Checkup Catch Up*

Happy 4th of July to all my American blog readers! I am going to honour the 4th by writing the first installment of how we celebrated Canada Day, which was on Monday :) It was a day I had been looking forward to for awhile because some of our closest friends from Edmonton were in Barrie, so we drove there to meet up with Marcia, Jason, Olivia and Gavin. We had such a good time and it was so great to catch up with them. Sam and Olivia were such good friends in Edmonton and it was so cute to watch them hanging out together again :) And I have a gazillion pictures to prove it! Ha ha ha :) Also this blog post was getting to be rather lengthy so I will be posting the stories from our day over the next few days.
We just hung out in downtown Barrie and took advantage of their Promenade Days festival. There was a petting zoo where we could feed the animals but none of the kids were too excited about that.
So the dads did the honours!
There were also pony rides but, after buying tickets, it turned out that Sam and Rachel absolutely refused to go anywhere near the ponies. Thankfully the man refunded our money.
Sam and Olivia enjoyed some impromptu dancing while we ate popcorn and listened to some music.
Then we went and got patriotic balloon animals and face painting. Or arm painting in Rachel's case!
Sam went all out with the patriotic face painting! He looked soooo cute :)
And then it was time for more "Sam and Olivia" pictures! We just made these poor kids pose all day. Ha ha ha!
There were some bouncy things, like a farm and a slide. We paid for Rachel to go in the bouncy farm but she was having none of it. So I held her while Sam and Olivia jumped around. Poor Gavin went in but never really got his footing.
Then everyone went fishing! There were some awesome catches. Plus a few which got away :)
Next up, Sam and Olivia were going to go on the bouncy slide. Rachel was insistent that she get to go too so I got permission from the operator to go with her. It was so much fun and Rachel giggled all the way down.
And then sadly, it was time for Rachel and Gavin to nap, so we said farewell to Jason and Marcia and Olivia and Gavin and headed home. But our day wasn't over yet...

to be continued...

*Cross Country Checkup is a familiar program to all CBC listeners. CBC is our national broadcasting channel for both TV and radio.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Late Canada Day!!!! Love the pictures. I love Sam with the flag on his face. So cute! Can't wait to read about the rest of your day. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so cute, and I love that big slide! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain kept being temporarily thrown for a loop every time you said "Patriotic colors/symbols/etc" and I saw red and red maple leaves....I am so programmed with red-white-and blue patriotic colors that it was exercise for my brain, apparently, to think something different. (And I think this whole comment sounds entirely weird...good thing we are blog friends....hah :)Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)