Thursday, July 18, 2013

Saskatchewan Is...

...where Rachel bakes buns with Oma for Mommy (and everyone else) to eat!!!
...where Opa and Rachel prepare fish for a yummy supper.
...where Opa teaches Sam to draw a giraffe.
...where we go to visit Great-Grandma and we all* cooperate nicely for a four-generation picture. (*except for Sam. sigh.)
...where Rachel gets introduced to the wonders of tea and loves it. She is obviously a girl after her mother's own heart :)
...where we can see how big Sam's foot is now compared to at seven months old when he made this mug for Opa.
...where we go to River Landing (an awesome place I wrote about last year) to enjoy the best splash park ever.
...where Opa makes amazing milkshakes as a treat.
...where I have spent way too much time playing with my new Erin Condren planner and LOVING it!!!
(It is also the place where I obviously have no time to blog, where the mosquitoes are so awful we can barely be outside at Mom and Dad's place, where Sam ran away from all of us on opening day at Target (for a good ten minutes), and where one (or both) of the kids has crawled into bed with me every night since we've been here so I haven't been sleeping well. But we'll ignore all that and focus on all the good things listed above.)

8 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!! And I must admit to being really surprised by how much Sam's foot has grown. I guess I just think that all babies'/kids' feet are basically...small, but pretty much the same size. Apparently there's a difference between 7 month feet and 4 year feet? Who knew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks like so much fun!!!! (Minus the lack of blogging time and the mosquitoes.) My heart skipped four beats at the sight of your planner. Oh how I love a planner.

    The food all looks so good - they've been talking about brownies all morning at work, and now that I've read your blog - I'M FLAT OUT HUNGRY. Have those cute kiddos of yours bring me a milkshake??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lack of blogging time and the mosquitoes were not so much fun. However the planner still gives me a lot of joy :)

      Do you still want a milkshake? It's freezing cold here (literally it's 2 degrees above freezing tonight) so I want hot chocolate instead.

      Delete
  3. Fun! How cute is Miss Rachel with her teacup?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that ya'll had a great visit with your parents. I can't wait to get all caught up on your blog. I missed reading it when I was on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ugh. My kids totally sleep with us too whenever we are at our parents' house. No.Sleep. At. All. I 100% empathize with you! Have fun the other hours of your visit :) Is this the flight by yourself? How'd it go?? I really just need your e-mail so we can just have conversations....or better...just come visit....hah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really thinking I want an Erin Condren planner for next year. My only fear is it's so big, I'll get tired of lugging it around all the time. But they look so pretty, and I think I'd have a lot of fun with one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)