Saturday, December 21, 2013

Five On Friday Saturday

So I've never done the "Five On Friday" link up before and I'm not doing it now but I just couldn't think of a better title for this completely random post. I guess it could also be called Some Things I Need To Do, Something I Think Is Hilarious, And I Am A Dork but that felt a little long :)

1) Below is our Christmas tree. Now to be honest, it is actually a picture of our tree from Wednesday (the day we actually acquired it) but except for having the branches opening up a bit it hasn't changed at all. It's very sad. Today's main agenda is DECORATING OUR TREE. It's been a crazy week which is why we haven't done it before now.
2) Speaking of things which I need to get going on, below is my treasurer's desk for the preschool. I haven't really spent much time down there lately what with between sicknesses (mine, Sam's, Rachel's), being out of province, and just general craziness. Hopefully in a few days I will have been able to spend some hours down there and it will look a lot tidier.
3) This one falls into the category of I Think It's Hilarious! Sam's classmates take turns being Special Me every day and in November they were encouraged to bring in something significant to share with the class. Sam wore his Run For Relief shirt and brought in the newspaper which had his picture from that day on the front page. I guess this time around they made a book in which they each got a page to describe their special thing. Sam described it as "I went on a run to get money for people" which is technically true but made Dave and I laugh so much!!!
4) Sadly, my laundry hanging days are over for the season. It's not because I don't want to, it's because I can't see the point in trying to shovel my way to the laundry line when I also have to shovel the driveway and our front sidewalk. Farewell laundry line -- we shall reconnect in the Spring.
5) Dave and I had a date night last night. We went to see Catching Fire. It was my second time to see it and Dave's first time. Now I'm inspired to get better at using a bow and arrow. It seems like a useful skill and I already have my form down pat, wouldn't you agree? I also have my intense, "I will shoot this at you if you don't obey my wishes" look down pat too!
 
And with that I'm off to address our Christmas/Chanukah cards, unearth my upstairs desk, sort through all the kids' crap amazing Christmas art projects which they've brought home this past week and run some errands. Happy Saturday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. At least it was "for" people and not "from" people...lol. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Natasha, you look like fierce! =) This is the first year that we don't have an abudance of art projects. But, I feel you there. Can't wait to see your tree all decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire twice!!! I'm jealous!! You look totally ready to win the Games..may the odds be ever in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taught archery the past 4 summers at work... If I can teach people with special needs to do well at it, surely I can make you a pro too! :)

    Hope you're staying warm and safe in this yucky ice storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely taking you up on this offer! I learned a long time ago at summer camp but I have forgotten everything.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)