Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday was one of those days which just sort of unfolded, and in the end, gave me a lot of little things to be thankful for. Really I should be calling this post "Thankful For Wednesday" but it really doesn't have the same ring, does it?

Last week I told my friend I would watch her two kids while she went to a two hour dentist appointment. (Number One thing to be thankful for: It wasn't my appointment! (Although I do have a few more dentist appointments coming up in the next few months -- blargh.))

At the last minute, because it was pretty cold out, and I was tired, I decided to keep Sam home from school so he could play with these friends too. All four kids played really well together. (Number Two thing to be thankful for. Okay I'm just going to start numbering the things I'm thankful for.) In fact, they played so well I got caught up on all my blog reading, and commenting. You may have noticed. (#3!)
When my friend returned she had brought iced cappuccinos for both of us (#4!) and we enjoyed them while the kids played and we talked for almost two hours. We had such a great conversation (#5!).
The kids were playing so well, in fact, that I told her to leave her two while she went to pick her oldest up from school and took him to his piano lesson. So what was originally a two hour babysitting time turned into a six hour play date for my kiddos! (#6!)

Last night I went out to a play put on by a couple of kids from our small group. It was really good and interesting too. It was "The Pushcart Wars" and now I want to do a whole bunch of reading up on that period in New York City's history. (#7!)

Before I had kids, I was really involved in my friends' kids' lives -- going to their dance performances, sporting events, plays, etc. It's been really fun to get a taste of that again these past two weeks. (#8!) Although I told Dave I should really try and space these events out a little more -- I think I've been out to five things in the past two weeks -- a play, a musical, a birthday party, and two dinners out with my former and current youth (the ones I mentor(ed)).

When I got home, I helped Dave clean the playroom (he had already tackled Sam's room (#9!)) and then I made myself some tea to have in one of my new tea cups. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention my friend is a thrift store expert and found a whole set of Fiestaware cups and saucers which She. Bought. For. Me. (#10!) You will get to see the whole set (all nine of them in brilliant, amazing colours! (#11!)) in my Project 364 post on Sunday, but for now, here's a glimpse of one of them.
Can you tell I'm pretty happy about my Fiestaware?!?!?!

Sadly, Sam had a hard time falling asleep last night, and was complaining of a sore neck. I feared he might be coming down with strep throat (since it seems to be spreading throughout blogland (so obviously it will get here eventually, right? (Don't question my (il)logic.))), so I gave in to his demand for a popsicle. And then he let me take this adorable picture of him (#12!).

And now it's today, and we'll see what it brings. It should be a good day though because I have a massage scheduled (#13!), Sam has an kindergarten room open house (#14!), and it's LOGOS night so I don't have to cook supper (#15!). That's a lot to be thankful for.

What are you thankful for today???

4 comments:

  1. Hahahah I really hope that illness doesn't start getting contagious via social media...the whole world will get wiped out REALLY quickly!!! :) I'm glad you had such a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dishes and great thanks! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day!!!

    I'm currently thankful that my roommates are done their exams and both are now gone out of town on placements for 7 weeks so I get the whole place to myself (just don't tell them that I'm thankful they're gone!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have space to yourself after having shared it for awhile so I totally get your thankfulness!

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)