I had decided that if glue guns were a reasonable price, I would get one. And I found one for $2.99. Whoo hoo!!! I found a bunch of Gerbera daisies, some burlap and a straw wreath. I was good to go.
I got this far, until I ran out of burlap and had to make another trip to Michaels.
And this is my finished product. I keep telling myself it will look better hanging on our door. It's pretty wild and crazy and bright but I think it's exactly what I need right now!
I think the main problem is that it reminds me a little bit of a funeral wreath. Next time I think I would just cover the wreath in burlap and glue a few flowers on at one spot. And I think I'd get paler colours as well. My excuse is that Rachel was helping me choose flowers and she keep wanting the really bright ones! And quite honestly, after the grey and cold and snow, the bright colours were appealing to me too. At least our house will be easy to find!
Now I'm off to search out more projects on Pinterest where I can use my glue gun. I have a feeling I will have a close relationship with it for the next little while :)