Monday, June 23, 2014

A Little Dorky But Still Cute

Thursday was Rachel's last day of preschool for this year. I can hardly believe how fast the year has gone. She started out going one morning a week in the toddler class, but I quickly added a second morning a week because she loved it so much. And then in January she switched to a preschool class, going two afternoons a week.

Below are the pictures from her first and last days of preschool this year. Oh my. I just feel like this whole school year went so fast.
Among the many things Rachel learned this year was how to "write" her name. She needs to be talked through the formation of each letter but I think it's pretty legible!
The cutest thing about the whole day was her graduation, or "congratulation" as Sam called it. It's also a little dorky since she is returning to the same school in September, but how can you resist these pictures of a somewhat confused Rachel in her construction paper mortarboard?!?!
These pictures simultaneously make me laugh and make my heart melt a little bit! Rachel liked it when everyone clapped for her though. And she was very excited for the rest of the night.

Congratulations on your first graduation, Miss Rachel :)

8 comments:

  1. Awe! How sweet! She has really grown a lot this school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how big she is now!!?!?!? Congrats, Miss Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how much she had grown!

      Delete
  3. Hi Natasha! I have been following your blog for awhile now (although I have been a bit behind in the posts...ok, a lot behind..oops!). I love me some Fellow Canadian bloggers! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Come to my blog and check out the information!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. And thanks for the nomination. My post will be coming out next week.

      Delete
  4. She has definitely grown over the school year! What a cutie! Congrats on your first graduation, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She was so proud of herself :)

      Delete
  5. Awe, I wish I had done a better job of cataloging the last day of school as I do the first day of school so I don't think that was dorky at all! Way to go, mama! And I love the little graduation ceremony. I wish Brody had graduation ceremonies for his preschool years 1 and 2. Sigh. That Rachel is a smart cookie for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)