Monday, March 09, 2015

Currently...

Even though I have done a post like this before, it hasn't been since August and the inspiration for doing it today was stolen directly from Erika. I didn't mean to not blog for a week and I don't even know why it happened except to say that last week was a tired week. It wasn't that the week was so busy (I can't even remember half of what I did), but that I was just so dang tired all week.

And then this weekend was really busy, including attending a ten hour planning meeting for the preschool yesterday. Now today I'm home (and tired again -- no thanks to you time change), Rachel is home sick, and I really wanted to write a post so here goes.

Currently, I am...

Listening... to "Max and Ruby." Since we don't have a TV, and we're cheap thrifty, we usually just stream free videos on YouTube. However, lately they've been playing ads before every video and when they start showing the "50 Shades Of Grey" preview before every "Franklin" episode, I start looking for other options. So last week at Costco, I found over 100 episodes of kids' shows at Costco for a really reasonable price, so I snatched them up. And just in time too, because Rachel hasn't moved off the futon for the past four hours.

Eating... A lot of South Georgia "Caviar." Dave and I LOVE this stuff! Also, I have extra pumpernickel bread and spinach dip from yesterday's planning meeting, and cookies, so I have a healthy few days planned!
I wish I could enjoy it outside in our backyard. Only two more months...

Drinking... I should be drinking lots of water. However, I am also drinking more than my fair share of coffee-hot chocolate. See introduction about being really tired.

Wearing... Ummm... my jacket I got from the resolution run. I didn't wear it at all in Mexico so I have to make up for lost time. Also, I love that thing. It is super cozy and warm and I worked my butt off to earn it. Ha!
Feeling... Tired for no good reason, a lot excited, and a little overwhelmed. In other words, I'm getting ready to leave for a major vacation in a few days and life is a little crazy right now.

Weather... It's actually going to be above freezing here this week. It might be the first sign of Spring which is exciting, even though we're leaving it behind for awhile. Tomorrow and Wednesday it's supposed to be going up to 9C (48F) which is practically balmy around these parts.

Wanting... A two hour nap, someone to clean my house, and to be able to finish Season 5 of Downton Abbey. Also, Rachel to feel better -- it's just a cold but it's keeping her home from preschool today. Boo. And half a cup of cream to make supper, but Dave said he'd pick that up on his way home from work.

Needing... Simultaneously to be leaving on our "Southern Road Trip," as it's been christened, immediately, and also two more days than what I have to get ready to go. It's a problem. I also need to learn all the ins and out of my new cell phone! Yes, I have finally entered the age of texting :) Also to catch up on my blog reading and blog posting.

Thinking... About everything I have to do and also how incredibly excited I am to get to meet, and hang out with, some of you in person! I! Can't! Wait!!!

Enjoying... What is likely my last purchase at a Canadian Target. Sorry to be vague about it, but I can't show a picture of it just yet, and I'm excited to do a big reveal on the blog on Wednesday. However, for those of you who follow me on Instagram, you'll likely get a sneak peek later today.

And that's all I have for you currently. Hopefully, I'll be able to be a little more on top of blogging over the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until your Southern road trip. I am so excited to read about it and see what happens along the way. I will be praying for safe travels. I will be so glad when the hype from 50 Shades of Gray is over. I was on Youtube looking for a Gaither's video and even it had a 30 second preview. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I haven't blogged forever either... I am tired (thanks time change), had in laws in the house all weekend, and keep constantly getting kicked out of the house for people to come look at it....SO um, anyway, EXYTEMELY excited for your arrival!!!! I am a little worried because my "list to do with Natasha" is getting very very long....... Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get some rest soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)