Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Hallowe'ekending

You would think with Hallowe'en being on a Saturday, that would make life a little more sane. Unfortunately, it just meant that the Hallowe'en craziness was spread out over three days. So at 7am on Friday morning the kids were making treats for their class parties.

Thank you Pinterest for both of these ideas. Next year I am just sending the cheese ghosts for both classes. They're more expensive but way easier to make. Also, to transport!
I failed at taking pictures of the kids dressed up on Hallowe'en. I also failed at taking pictures with our real camera so you get these sad iPad pictures instead. This was them dressed up for school on Friday.

After school Dave's work had its annual trick-or-treating. I love how creative some of the teams are.

Pizza anyone? They also had a life size (fake) pizza oven set up. Supposedly Domino's heard about this and sent over six free pizzas! It was pretty amazing.
Then there was the team which set up a Star Wars theme, including The Chalmun's Cantina, and the team which was set up as "Saved By The Bell." I'm sad I didn't get pictures of all their amazing posters. Needless to say it's a fun tradition which we look forward to every year.
The kids get a TON of candy because they trick-or-treat for an hour and it's just going from cubicle to cubicle on three floors. Here they are diving into their stash.
On Saturday we decided to carve our pumpkin. After an enthusiastic start, the kids basically abandoned Dave to do the bulk of the work. They did give all the input on the design though.
While the kids were Dave was carving the pumpkin, I made a double batch of banana muffins and a double batch of butternut squash soup. Below you can see our festive orange Hallowe'en supper and the face of Scary, as the kids named the pumpkin.
We went trick-or-treating with friends for a few houses and then stopped by a few houses of friends from church. As usual, it was raining on Hallowe'en so I was thankful that the kids had had a good chance to trick-or-treat the day before. I think they still ended up with enough candy though. (We're making them share with us!)
Now I have to get back to my job of eating all the Coffee Crisps and Areo bars I got from the kids. I always take make them share all the good stuff. Ha!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great Halloween! Our fun lasted over a week. I love that Rachel and Addi were both Elsa. They were both super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you all had a great one. Ours was a little down-played (is that a word?) this year, but maybe it will be better next year.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--busy but looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coffe crisps! Although sadly you can't find them in the US. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and yummy sounding Halloween! Dave's work sounds so awesome hosting events like that. And I too have helped myself to lots of the kids' Halloween candy (mostly chocolate of course). ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)