Tuesday, November 10, 2015

It Ain't Over Til It's Over

And now for the rest of our weekend...

Saturday afternoon Rachel had the temper tantrum to end all tantrums. We were at a toy store to buy some birthday gifts for other kids and Rachel wanted a Webkins pony. We said, "No" and she proceeded to Lose. Her. Mind. Dave ended up carrying her out of the store while she was screaming at the top of her lungs, "I WANT A PONY!!!" It was completely stereotypical and also embarrassing.

After that charming display of behaviour, when we got home I determined the kids needed to entertain themselves while Dave and I recuperated, so I whipped up some marshmallow paint. The kids LOVED it and we got forty-five minutes to regain our sanity.
Saturday night I went to a party to celebrate my friend's 50th birthday and, when I left for the party my FitBit was at just over 10,000 steps. After partying on the dance floor all night, I got home and saw this:

I told Dave it was the most fun I'd had at a dance since our wedding dance.

Then I awoke at the lovely hour of 4:23am to go and get our winter tires put on at Costco. I'm glad I got there two hours ahead of time as the next onslaught of people showed up at 6:20. And then they got cold within ten minutes and started complaining about it. Try standing in the cold for two hours people. Grrrr. But I did get to see this beautiful sunrise.
And then I got home and put my comfort bag on my feet to try and thaw my frozen toes. Plus I read Harry Potter and ate salad at 9:30 in the morning because, for me, it was practically lunchtime then :)
 
The kids enjoyed a morning of playing:
 
And in the afternoon, while Dave took Sam to a birthday party and went shopping with Rachel at Costco (because our winter tires were put on so quickly the store wasn't open yet when I left!), I did some yard work which ended when my yard waste bag gave up the ghost, whatever that means.
We had a yummy fall supper of potatoes mashed with celariac and buttercup squash which we just call "The Amazing Wonder Vegetable" because it is delicious mashed with butter. And Dave BBQd because the weather was amazing.
Then we went grocery shopping because it's way more fun to grocery shop as a family at 7 on a Sunday evening than 7 on a Monday morning like we did last week.

And that was our weekend. It was a good one, and really, what more can you ask for?

6 comments:

  1. Other than the melt down, it sounds quite nice. Ugh! The wedding sounds like a lot of fun. I just use a pedometer, but I never get near that many steps in. Good job! Jason always gets around 30,000 on the days he works. I don't know how he does it. I always tease him and tell him that he's cheating the system somehow. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a meltdown! Good to know (bad to know?) they don't end, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some serious dedication to get your snow tires on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the tantrum...we had an issue this week when I bought a plastic toy for Operation Shoebox/Christmas child...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Those meltdowns...tough. We've started trying to get the groceries done on Friday night. It helps the rest of the weekend go more smoothly, but it's still hard to squeeze it in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those temper tantrums happen to the best of us. Sigh. Yay for dancing! I have never really loved dancing, but I actually really enjoyed the little free concert and dance we went to in the mountains (with the over 70 crowd) this year. It was so much fun and definitely a good work out! Oh that food sounds divine! I have been making butternut squash for Mattox lately, and it smells so good. I swear that kid is eating better than me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)