Thursday, February 18, 2016

Staycation Part One

This past weekend was one we had been looking forward to for a long time. It was a three day weekend and we decided to have a staycation. A few weeks ago we all made a list of things we wanted to do. Starting Friday night, we started our adventures. I will tell you the things on our list (which were in no particular order) and the person who wanted to do the item.

1. Eat nachos for dinner. (Sam)
2. Do an art project. (Rachel) We made a Valentine's banner I'd picked up from The Dollar Spot at Target a few years ago.
3. Eat pancakes for breakfast "with strawberries and maple syrup like in my book." (Rachel) Her book is "Good Morning, Canada" by Andrea Beck. Inspired by the holiday, Dave made heart shaped pancakes.
Not on the list but also accomplished, sleeping in (me!) and putting Rachel's butterfly tattoo on her.
4. Go the library and play on the computers iPads. (Sam) The library used to have computers loaded with special games. Now they have iPads.
5. Go bowling. (Sam)
Rachel was the slowest, but most excited bowler, ever!
And that was just the beginning of our exciting staycation. Come back tomorrow to read more...

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great staycation! You are a great mom in case no one has told you lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The girls are just discovering the computers at the library. I love that you each got input into the staycation. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the family fun that you all had. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)