Monday, April 16, 2018

Photo Of The Day -- April 1 - 9, 2018

April 1, 2018 -- Our Easter wasn't particularly warm and Sam was excited to wear his new Blue Jays jersey, so the kids were dressed a little unconventionally this year. Plus this was after they had gotten lots of chocolate Easter eggs, but before we'd had lunch, so they were feeling silly.

April 2, 2018 -- Easter Monday was a school holiday. My parents took the kids for the day but before the kids left, they were enjoying playing games together.

April 3, 2018 -- I loved the bright colours of these tulips. I should really get a tripod for pictures I take on "manual mode" though. :)

April 4, 2018 -- Yeah, about that tripod... This picture looked clearer on the very small camera screen. Anyways, a little reading before bed.

April 5, 2018 -- Rachel had some questions about the Easter story. She and I were talking about it and she was referring to things she had read (on her own) in her story bible to back up her questions. It was a very amazing parenting moment. (And I asked her to pose for this picture after our conversation was over so I could capture the memory.)

April 6, 2018 -- This was probably a memorable snow at the time but, after this past weekend's ice storm, it honestly doesn't seem like a big deal and I can't actually remember why I wanted this picture to capture this day.

April 7, 2018 -- I woke up this day to the news that a junior hockey team from Saskatchewan (my home province) had been in a bad accident. And then I found out that not only did one of my cousins and her family live in the small town affected, but that they were billeting one of the players. I was too distracted by the news, and the other happenings of the day, to take a picture.

April 8, 2018 -- Dave and I did our taxes this day, Rachel dropped a watermelon on the floor at the grocery store, we watched a Blue Jays game, and I was still thinking about the Humboldt Broncos accident. Therefore, I have no pictures from this day either.

April 9, 2018 -- To show support for Humboldt, people across Canada, and around the world, put their #sticksoutforhumboldt. A kind neighbour loaned us a few of his old ones so that we could participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)